Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ganging aft agley...

Here's what I get for actually getting motivated to write: a crapton of work.  Not only did a deluge of due-tomorrow (meaning today) plans arrive on my desk late yesterday afternoon, but our accelerator broke down and as our other physicist was not available, guess who got to babysit until the engineers came to fix it late last night?
 
So yeah, I didn't get to work on my first page/first 100 words for the BookEnds contest until I got to work this morning.  At 8:47.  With a 9 am deadline.
 
I finished a rough draft and rushed to post it in the comments.  It went through, thankfully, but the time stamp read...9:01 am.
 
*headdesk*
 
FTR: my computer still said 8:59 and I was in the process of posting at 9 am no matter whose clock you go by, so hopefully they'll give me the benefit of the doubt.
 
If not, I'll keep working on my rewrites and just hope they like it when and if they see it as a result of my query.  And I will certainly be able to learn from their commentary on other entries.
 
C'est la vie.

2 comments:

Precie said...

Hey, missy! I caught sight of you on Claire's blog! Where have you been, young lady?!

In all seriousness, I hope life is going well!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.