Saturday, June 06, 2009

I'm baaa-aack!!!

con⋅di⋅tion[kuhn-dish-uhn]

Origin:
1275–1325; ME condicioun < AF; OF < L condiciōn- (s. of condiciō) agreement, equiv. to con- con- + dic- say (see dictate ) + -iōn- -ion; sp. with t by influence of LL or ML forms; cf. F condition


con⋅di⋅tion⋅a⋅ble, adjective


1. See state. 8. requirement, proviso.

(from dictionary.com)

What does "condition" mean for me? It means I passed 4 of 5 sections on my board exam, and I have to return next year to take the fifth again. Which is actually a good thing, considering these exams only have a 50% first-time pass rate, and had I missed more than one section, I would have to redo the ENTIRE THING.

It also means that the burden of studying and stressing about the exams has been lifted for an entire year, and I have the summer yawning wide open and full of possibilities ahead of me. Oh, there is work to do. And stuff around the house that I've been neglecting in favor of studying.

But Alec and Elspeth are getting impatient with me, and I've brought them this far so I'm not going to leave them hanging. Time to get back on this train, finish up another (hopefully short) round of revisions, and get this MS out there to agents and editors.

Side note: in an amusing (and exciting) proof that my internet presence/marketing is working, a girl I went to high school with and knew (but not well) but haven't really had much contact with in 10 years messaged me through Facebook asking how to make a kilt for her friend. Srsly. *g*

No comments: