Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Writing Marathon!

Yah, I know...I've been pretty sparse with the posts lately. I'd like to say that's because I've been writing, but...not so much. My month's-end marathon last week left me burnt out for a few days, and then outside stuff picked up. Mondays and Tuesdays are TV nights with DH (though tonight's election coverage may mess with our shows). My best writing times are Wednesday-Saturday nights after the baby goes to sleep.

So, in a fun coincidence, we're having a writing marathon on Compuserve running Wednesday-Friday of this week. I'd just started to feel guilty for not having written anything lately, and resolved to pick back up on Wednesday. Good deal. Not gonna set a specific goal, but I am stocking up on Diet Sunkist. *g*

In other (slightly related) news, DH finally understands where I'm coming from WRT writing. He's just started work on a story that's been floating around in his head for a few years. Last week he got over 4K in ONE DAY. Now he and I can talk about when characters do unexpected things, or how to deal with the urge to write when you're really busy/tired/distracted, etc. I think I'll ask him to join in the marathon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm doing the marathon too, this time. I am so ready for it! I so *need* it! LOL

Very fun that your DH is writing too. But seriously, 4K in one day? Holey moley! I'm green with envy! [g]

M