Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Everybody hurts

...well, I do at least. 'Swhat I get for doing yardwork in the sun from noon-5 pm, wearing a halter top that exposes my entire lily-white back to UV rays for the first time this year. Oh, and without sunscreen (I forgot).

Yeah, "lobster" does not begin to describe me.

See, I normally don't burn. I tan. And when I do burn, it becomes a tan in a day or two. But a 5-hour stretch during peak exposure without sunscreen will cook anybody.

And did I mention it hu-urts?

Okay, enough whining.

I had a busy weekend. Visitors off and on all 3 days, and the aforementioned yardwork Sunday (that's when I got the sunburn) and Monday. We saw POTC3: At World's End Sunday night. Good movie. Interesting (and not contrived or cliche) ending. The scene after the credits made it better for me...and those of you familiar with my plot will know why. *s* There were a couple scenes with great emotional impact that I may tap before the memory fades.

Last night my back hurt so much I couldn't do anything but watch Eragon "On Demand" with DH while trying not to wince every time I moved. It was also good, but it was basically Star Wars with dragons and a few LOTR elements. I know, I know..."Hero's Journey" and all that. And amazing for a teenager to have written. I was told to watch the movie before reading the book, though, or I wouldn't enjoy the movie as much. So the book is now in my (ginormous) TBR pile.

Tonight, I had high hopes, but the combined physical exhaustion from working hard all weekend and recovering from this sunburn, mental exhaustion from training two students/summer interns all day, and having to catch up on all the e-mail and online stuff I put off for the weekend tonight conspired to make it 10:30 and I haven't written a word and I just don't think I have it in me. *sigh*

BUT.

A new month is coming up. I haven't set any goals for myself lately. I think this is a good time to start. Susan has inspired me. I've proven I can do 10K in a month, so to really push myself I'm going to mimic her goal of 25K. I want to be over halfway done with this thing by the end of June. Cross your fingers for me...

No comments: