Saturday, October 28, 2006

And the hits just keep on comin'!

Went out to eat with DH and the baby tonight. By the time we got home and the baby was asleep, it was almost 9 o'clock and I was very tired. But, I have a goal. So I sat and drank my Diet Sunkist while DH played his videogame-du-jour (Fable, on the Xbox--pretty cool). I wasted an hour or so piddling around on previously written stuff. Well, I guess "wasted" is too negative a word. I did some minor revisions and got back into the story, but I'm going for word count here, so nothing much useful in that respect. At 10:30 I was ready to call it quits, but I really wanted at least some new wordage. So I sat down to jot a bit of another scene that's been bumping around in my head for some time but never made it to paper.

And the magic happened again. That "bit of scene" turned into almost three single-spaced pages. I'm not counting on this every night until the book is done, but hey--I'll take it whenever it happens!

3800 words to go. I have 4 more nights. Still doable!

No comments: