Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Newton's Third Law

...y'know: "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"?

Well, work has been taking so much of my time lately that it's really been eating into my writing time. I'd get home so late and be so tired that not only would I put off writing, but I would put off other things that I would then have to do later when I did feel like writing. That's been going on for a couple weeks now, and things finally got to a breaking point.

So, in reciprocation, today I've spent almost the entire day at work...writing. The equal and opposite reaction, hehe. Specifically the February exercise on the Compuserve forum, which helped me get deeper into Elspeth's head and understand her motivations. The whole thing fit in really well with some stuff Jenny Crusie said at the writing workshop I went to in December. Cool.

I probably shouldn't have spent quite so much time, and now I have to scramble to catch up if I want to leave at a decent hour, but the urge to work on my book had just been building up. I feel better.

No comments: