Monday, December 31, 2007

Oidhche Challainn

Well, it looks like the writing I did this morning is all I'll get done today.  Not only have I been fairly busy at work (I've got to stop counting on "slow" days!) but mentally I'm dead in the water.
 
I guess I can only function on 4 hours sleep for three nights in a row before crashing.  Today was the fourth. 
 
I'm not actually awake right now; I'm caffeinated.  There's a difference.  *g*
 
I do have tomorrow off, and I do plan to sleep in, then spend the rest of the day writing.  But the joy of it all is that for the first time in years we've got something going on for New Year's...and it's at our house.  We're hosting about 12 people and we told them they could stay all night if they wanted (though I imagine most will leave around 1-2 am).  People will start showing up around 6 pm.  There's housework yet to be done, and I most desperately need a nap if I'm going to be at all social and awake for another 8 hours.  Oh, and I'm still at work; not sure when I'll get to leave.
 
But it will all turn out in the end.  If nothing else I'll make the excuse that LB insists I lie down with him for a while when he goes to sleep.  Which he has done the past few nights.  Maybe I can sneak a little nap in that way.  As long as DH doesn't leave me up there all night!
 
At any rate, everyone enjoy themselves (and I hope our friends on the other side of the Date Line did too!), be safe, and
 
Bliadhna Mhath Ur!!!

No comments: