Sunday, June 10, 2007

Redemption, of a sort

In my previous post, I described my exhaustion at the end of this week and my failure to meet the mini-goal I had set myself.

I got a little closer to back-on-track today. Rhonddalyn started a kissing snippets thread in the erotic folder, which inspired me to start work on a long-shelved scene that takes place after Elspeth has fallen in a loch in the winter and gotten hypothermic. I got 500 words down, enough to post a snip.

I came back to that scene tonight and tried something completely different. I started it over, from an earlier point, in Alec's first-person POV. I got so much more internal thought and detail from my first-person POV on the June X, and since this scene is Alec's (Elspeth being unconscious) I needed to get into his head. The plan is to go back and rewrite it in deep third, but for now I was drafting in first. And it worked pretty well.

I added another almost 1100 words, for a grand total tonight of 1594. If I'm trying to average 750 a night, that was two nights' worth, so I'm a modicum closer to being caught up for the month. I'll have to pull 1K nighters for a bit to get all the way caught up. And DH's and my trip to Colorado for business/pleasure (I have job training, but only for 1 day out of 4 and it's our anniversary weekend) the 21st-24th will take a bite out, for all that I will probably have my laptop.

Still, 50K by the end of the month is within range.

Borrowing Jo's methods:

Monthly word count progress

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
3,594 / 20,000
(18.0%)

Elapsed time

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
9 / 30
(30.0%)

No comments: