Friday, June 15, 2007

Welcome discovery (or, "Chapter 2 down")

Caffeine pills from Wal-Mart will be my salvation. DH picked them up for me last night. Tonight, I had a Mountain Dew with dinner and took one pill (equivalent to 200 mg caffeine, or about the amount in a cup of coffee) around 8 pm. By 9 the baby was down, I was energized, and the words were flowing...unlike the past few nights. I started with an SOC for Elspeth to get me back into where I left off in chapter 2. Once I started actually writing, I managed very nearly 1500 words. That had been my goal for today, but I wasn't sure if I'd make it.

Chapters 1 and 2 are now complete (at 3400 and 3800 words apiece!) and I'm moving on into Chapter 3. Elspeth is in Dalmally, and this will lead up to the attack scene with the Campbells, and her meeting with Alec at the kirk.

Right now I'm effectively at 38K, and I need 2,000 words over the course of tomorrow to make my halfway goal. I may have to take 2 pills tomorrow night, but I will stay up as late as necessary to pull it off.

But now - gah - it's 1 am and I am going to sleep.

No comments: